New yarn, new projects and new progress on the old projects. (Okay, that last one was a bit of a stretch.)
One of the disadvantages of being on Ravelry is that I get to hear about yarn sales that I would previously have missed. This has resulted in me being at both the Liberty and John Lewis sales this month and stashing an unprecedented amount of yarn.
First up, at Liberty I got a jumper’s worth of RYC Cashcotton DK in Cashew,
which is already looking like this:
I’ve been needing a project that doesn’t require any brainpower at all as a change from my shawl, more on which later, and which can be combined with conversation and alcohol. I settled on the Katarina cardigan from cocoknits and I’m really liking the way it is knitting up. The yarn does shed a bit but I’m hoping that it won’t be so bad when it is finished.
I also got a jumper’s worth of RYC Luxury Cotton DK in black. Actually, I picked up slightly more than a jumper’s worth so that I could make this into a jumper for Steven. I’ve been having trouble finding a pattern though so this isn’t likely to turn into anything any time soon.
At the John Lewis sale I picked up what can only be described as “rather a lot” of Noro Cash Iroho in this beautiful red. Turns out I am unable to resist half-price cashmere/silk blends. I have no idea what this is going to be other than absolutely beautiful!
Buying new things has also spurred me on to make some progress on older things as well. Now that I have my ball-winder, I finally got around to winding the Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn that I bought back in September. These are going to be a pair of socks for me.
I’m making really good progress on the wedding shawl. I’ve now knitted 9 repeats out of the suggested 40 for the main body. I say ’suggested’ because I’m considering making it shorter than the pattern (I’m already making it wider) so that it will be easier to wear with my wedding dress. I’m still delighted with this project; the pattern and the yarn and everything are just coming together exactly as I thought they would and are going to be just as fantastic as I hoped.
I even managed to make some progress on the baby cardigan this weekend. It had been hibernating for a little while since I needed to block the pieces before I could sew it up. It has now been blocked and the shoulders seamed so I can get on with knitting the edging and then finishing the seaming. This is always the bit that I procrastinate for longest but since the baby isn’t due till November, I’m still confident I can have it finished in time.
Apologies for the rotten picture, I was trying to sneak in some photography time before leaving for work and this was the best I could do.