I finished the project that was distracting me from finishing the Double Vision blanket and here it is:
It’s a baby set for my one of my best friends who gave birth to a baby girl 6 weeks earlier than expected. I had already knitted the Teddy Bear Baby blanket for this particular baby but since she was so tiny (but healthy!) I couldn’t resist the urge to knit something else. The pattern is a free pattern designed for knitting sets to be donated to a premature baby unit. The pattern itself could do with some editing; less experienced knitters might struggle with some sections. It is absolutely gorgeous when finished though. The only change I made was to add i-cord ties rather than buttons since I couldn’t find any buttons that I liked.
I bought the yarn before I knew the baby’s name and it is just absolute coincidence that they named her Heather. The yarn is RYC Cashsoft 4 ply. The colours were beautiful and the yarn was delightly soft but I’m not sure I’ll use it again. It was badly spun in places and feels like it will pill very easily. This doesn’t really matter for a baby set that baby will grow out of in about five minutes but I had considered using it for adult jumpers and changed my mind.
I have also finished knitting the squares for Double Vision and started the seaming. I’m so glad the blanket is knitted in strips and not as individual squares but, even so, there’s still a lot of seaming to be done. I’ve managed about a quarter so far and it’s looking fantastic, I just hope I don’t run out of steam before it’s done!